Flipkart Add

GOOGLE SEARCH

Custom Search

Amazon Add

Friday, March 18, 2011

Google Nexus S smartphone review!!!!!!!!!!!!


Samsung Nexus S mobile phone
It’s not you, it’s me. No, really, it is.
You see, I do love you really. I love your big face. I love your curves. No, you’re not fat, you’re just… nice to hold. I like holding you close to me.
And you’re very responsive to my lightest touch. And Smart too,
But you see, rightly or wrongly, I’m a creature of habit. I don’t have a lot of time to myself these days and I can’t put up with your demands for my attention.
And, if I’m honest, there’s someone else. And I can’t stop thinking about her. She’s a  bit square. And a little overweight, but she’s very pretty. And I’ve loved her for a long time.
The Samsung Nexus S mobile phone has a slightly curved scree for added comfort when making calls
Okay, okay… don’t get angry. Some people don’t like her – they say she hasn’t got much going for her, that she holds me back.  Her name’s Apple. Apple iPhone 4.
So, therein lies my problem.
I’ve had the Samsung’s Google Nexus S for a couple of weeks now and it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions.
First time I switched it on I adored it. I wanted it in my hand all the time. Time was gobbled up browsing through the Android Market – the phone’s equivalent of Apple’s App Store.
Within hours I had changed the keyboard several times, I had it loaded with games, I had a screensaver of soothing Koi carp and I was Googling everything I could think of.

Samsung Nexus S mobile phone
Samsung Nexus S mobile phone
Smart: The phone is fast on the web, thanks to Android 2.3 operating system, which makes web-browsing a pleasure
Being the first phone to run the new Android 2.3, it took everything thrown at it and was extremely nippy  – no slowing down of the screen like my older Apple 3GS when the going got tough. Under its shiny plastic case there is a 1GB Hummingbird processor and a 16GB flash memory – pretty impressive but not the biggest memory.
Web pages loaded quickly and made browsing a pleasure and the screen, while not as high  resolution as that of the iPhone 4, is half an inch bigger than Apple’s, at an impressive four inches. It displayed everything fantastically. And of course, where the iPhone is routinely criticised – this phone has Flash Player.
Where it did fall down slightly was on the re-sizing of internet pages to the screen, which the iPhone does with ease. Here there was a little bit of scrolling needed or pinching to get the text the right size.
In addition to what it can do on the net, the phone has a 5Mp camera, which produced decent enough shots both indoors and out. The quality was fairly standard for a mobile, so don’t go throwing away your separate camera just yet. It also shoots good quality 720x480 pixel video, perfect for whipping out at the office party or a family bash.
And a front-facing camera means you can make video calls (or do your make-up) – providing the person you are calling has the same, although this doesn’t seem to have taken off massively for any manufacturer just yet.
One groundbreaking feature the phone does contain is an NFC (Near Field Communication) chip.
This should ultimately allow you to use your phone as a debit card, whereby you make a purchase with a simple swipe over a chip reader.
In addition swiping it over points of information will download content straight to your phone.
The phone, however, is a little ahead of its time here and the technology isn’t widely available yet. It will almost certainly be handy in the future though, so if you are signing up for a two-year contract it may be something to bear in mind.
It is the small things that really make the phone – and equally the small things where it tends to fall down a little.
When you switch the screen off it shrinks down to a white line across a black screen, in the style of an old TV being switched off (and I guarantee that everyone who buys this phone will be showing their friends that before anything else).
The phone is light, which is great on the pocket, but on the downside it’s light because the case it made of plastic. And it can look somewhat, well, plasticky… Or futuristic, depending on whether you actually mind the material. It also has a slight curve to the glass-fronted screen to make it more comfortable to hold against the face, which is a quirky feature that adds another dash of style.
Where it has a big advantage over the iPhone is that you don’t need to get involved in iTunes hell. Simply download one of the numerous music players from the Android Market, drag your music onto the phone and you’re away.
But again, there is a downside - with the size of the memory. It’s not really enough to take an entire large music collection, especially when you start firing off photos and need space for those too – and there’s no slot for an SD card, so you can’t boost storage space.
And the likelihood is that you will want to start downloading apps from the Android Market at a rate of knots – another thing to eat into you limited memory space. The phone is pre-programmed with a relatively small number of programmes – mostly Google-related – Google Maps, Google Search and Gmail to name a few. But the Android Market adds another 100,000 possibilities.
And that’s where I realised that I simply couldn’t love the phone. Now this is clearly a personal issue and many will be glad to be away from the limitations of Apple products, particularly those interested in open-source software innovations.
After a while I just craved a little simplicity. I felt my time was being sucked away and I wanted it back. I was frustrated at the fact I had to look up how to do things, taking even more time. Apple’s phones are just there, ready to go.
Which is ultimately why I want my iPhone back. It is not a criticism of this phone – it is my craving for simplicity.
The Nexus S is a great phone – and one that demands you invest time in it. Google has heavily marketed the phone as a lifestyle choice and, essentially, an entire computer in your pocket. And to that end it is a functional, stylish choice brimming with possibilities. In terms of Smart phones it is up there with the very best.
But I simply don’t have the time for her. She wants me to touch her all the time, she won’t leave me alone, always tugging at my sleeve and begging for another update, another new outfit.
And that’s why, tail between my legs I’m going to have to abandon her. To whisper goodbye and crawl back to my ex, to my first love.
But honestly, it’s not you, it’s me…


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1366371/Review-Google-Nexus-S-smartphone.html#ixzz1H0QvbbQB

0 comments:

click here

flag counter

free counters

RECENT POSTS!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

select your own job!!!

Jobs by Careerjet

You May Also Like These........!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Sweet Tomatoes Printable Coupons